Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
MINISTRY OF PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
The Ministry of Planning & Development invites suitable applicants for the position listed below.
Please note that only hard copies of applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates will be acknowledged. These should be submitted by Friday August 2, 2019 and should be addressed to:
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
ATTENTION: DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
4TH FLOOR, CAPITAL PLAZA, 11-13 FREDERICK STREET
PORT OF SPAIN
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Manage the development and implementation of a document management system, policies and procedures, particularly to support the strategic management process. This will involve analysis of the Ministry’s needs, close collaboration with consultants to design and implement an effective system, policies and procedures and the use of change management approaches to embed the above.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the document management needs of the Ministry.
- Process mapping, review and recommendations; analysis of the business processes and information flow; establishment of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Best practice benchmarking of current and future performance.
- Develop requests for Proposals, business cases, feasibility studies and design projects.
- Collaborate with professional and clerical staff and consultants in the design and implementation of an electronic document management system, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Information Systems and Technology agencies and Records Management agencies in developing and implementing the systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the daily operations, maintenance and usage of the developed document and records management system.
- Perform periodic audits and reconciliation exercises to verify the accuracy and the integrity of the respective management systems.
- Organize and/or facilitate feedback and training sessions.
- Make recommendations and analyze documents, as well as status reports.
- Develop and maintain the Document Management Procedure Manual.
- Assist with Change Management activities for the Ministry.
- Assist with the organizational strategic plan development and coordination functions of the Division.
- Related work as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Working knowledge, of records management systems, electronic document management systems and management information systems.
- Knowledge of business process analysis, applications analysis and design and ability to interface and clearly communicate with knowledge workers.
- Knowledge of database design, development and administration, including Structured Query Language (SQL) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Change Management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of project management theory practice.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills; Able to develop and motivate and to effectively handle conflict.
- Computer Literate and highly skilled with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, imaging and document management software and devices.
- Knowledge of records management procedures in the public service would be and asset.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and practice above average time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and show extensive self-initiative.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, preferably with courses in public administration, records management and/or library sciences.
- Post-Graduate qualifications in Management Information Systems of Library Sciences.
- Five years’ experience in an electronic document management system environment, including the implementation of a system.
- Five years’ experience in application integration.
- Five years Project Management experience in the Field.
- Qualified membership of a professional body such as a library association or management information systems organization.
- Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, qualifications and experience.